Main Thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by Kyle on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:24 pm

(I thought you were still have connection troubles and was waiting until you got back on)

Marcus swings at the orc again, hoping to at the very least distract it from its attack on Ben.

Attack: 19
Damage: 4

_________________
I am the light that pours over the rusted world of pretend, before your eyes ease open and it's dark again.
Kyle
Kyle

Posts : 1024
Join date : 2008-06-04
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by ifer on Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:16 am

Ah. My apoligies. The computer's doing a bit better; the only explanation I can imagine for this little resurgence is the same as Mr Burns' doctor's: there are so many viruses that they can't fit through the door.

Marcus swings his sickle at the orc and rends a bloody gash in it's chest. The orc grabs your hand in a crushing fist. You hear something crack and cry out in pain, dropping your weapon.
Simon and one of his brothers (you can never tell them apart) rush to your aid, stabbing at the orc with their pitchforks. Simon scores a minor hit to its side.

Orc misses, Mortique misses. Hydri's swing (Natural 20, 7 [8 -1 STR]) leaves her opponent's hand dangling from a bit of skin.
A small, stringy, and altogether ugly humanoid staggers slowly towards her; lagging behind the rest of the group. It falls to the ground before reaching you and lies unmoving in the dirt.

Jaynus yanks his sickle out of the dwarf's side. While it's recovering itself to relaunch the attack, the fire flares and you're able to get a decent look at the creature. Though loose skin and underlying features indicate that it (he?) once possessed a substantial bulk, this ancient dwarf is now gaunt and wasted. Its prominent beard is unkempt, as is its tattered leather armour, and the wild, crazed look in its eyes is a bit unsettling.
ifer
ifer
Admin

Posts : 685
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Canada

View user profile http://juandfr.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by SkittlesMeTimber on Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:40 am

Jaynus backs up, not sure what to make of the wasting dwarf, before bringing his weapon up, preparing to strike again.

SkittlesMeTimber

Posts : 1009
Join date : 2008-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by Kiki on Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:39 pm

Hydri is petrifyed with fear as she watches the monsters approach. Not only that, but the usually peace loving girl had slain a few monsters, and the sight of gore was beginning to deeply disturb her sense. After a sick spell, she regains her stance and charges.

Attack: 12
Damage: 2
Kiki
Kiki

Posts : 307
Join date : 2008-08-10
Age : 26
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by Kyle on Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:16 am

Running on sheer adrenalin now Marcus balls his left hand into a fist and swings at the orc's jaw, hoping to make it relinquish its grip on his other arm.

Attack: 13
Damage: 8 (9-1)

_________________
I am the light that pours over the rusted world of pretend, before your eyes ease open and it's dark again.
Kyle
Kyle

Posts : 1024
Join date : 2008-06-04
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by ifer on Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:39 am

Attack: 13
Damage: 8 (9-1)

Okay; now I'm confused. I've been assuming that none of you are correcting your rolls for your penalties, proficiencies and bonuses; since no one's mentioned them.
ifer
ifer
Admin

Posts : 685
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Canada

View user profile http://juandfr.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by Kyle on Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:56 am

I've been foregtting to, honestly, but I figured I should start now that I remembered, do you want me to just give you the rolls?

_________________
I am the light that pours over the rusted world of pretend, before your eyes ease open and it's dark again.
Kyle
Kyle

Posts : 1024
Join date : 2008-06-04
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by ifer on Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:09 am

I'd prefer if you give the rolls, mods and total; I was just worried that you'd been posting the totals all along and I'd been mistaking them for rolls and effectively doubling the modifiers. :S

I'll post the round's results after I get some sleep.
ifer
ifer
Admin

Posts : 685
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Canada

View user profile http://juandfr.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by SkittlesMeTimber on Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:39 pm

Ifer wrote:
Attack: 13
Damage: 8 (9-1)

Okay; now I'm confused. I've been assuming that none of you are correcting your rolls for your penalties, proficiencies and bonuses; since no one's mentioned them.

i actually have been.

SkittlesMeTimber

Posts : 1009
Join date : 2008-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by ifer on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:51 pm

Well, at least for you I don't have to worry about doubling a -4 penalty, you just got a bit of extra strength out of the deal XD
Right; let's continue.

Mortique misses. The wounded orc deflects Hydri's charge with a body check that sends her reeling. With the orc out of the way, you're able to watch as the last soldier goes down under a wave of monsters. Behind you, three farmers get up their courage and engage the orc in battle.

The dwarf's slowing down from the blood loss. It lunges at Janus, but you're prepared for the attack. You grab the dwarf and take him down with you. Searing pain jolts through you as your shoulder hits the ground, but the dwarf takes the brunt of the fall and is out cold.

Simon and Nathan (or maybe it's Carl?) stab at the orc. Marcus misses. With a howl, it releases your hand and slugs Simon in the face with a giant ham fist that sends him to the ground. Mad with fury, the other brother runs out and decapitates the orc from behind with a scythe.

(why are all the npc's getting critical hits?)
ifer
ifer
Admin

Posts : 685
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Canada

View user profile http://juandfr.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by Kiki on Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:21 pm

(Because the NPCs are special? XD Also, I haven't been adding or subcracting numbers....I'm at a lose as why or how, I guess. Sorreh if it confused anyone....)

Hydri screams as she crashes down hard. She rises, battered.

"We're getting slaughtered out here! We can't keep this up much longer! We're losing too many men!"

With a grunt, she swings yet again at the orc.

Attack: 8
Damage: 13 (....man, I suck.)
Kiki
Kiki

Posts : 307
Join date : 2008-08-10
Age : 26
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by Kyle on Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:58 am

Marcus grabs his sickle up again, still favouring his non-wounded arm, and calls out to the others, "she's right. We need to get out of here!" He glances around quickly and calls out to everyone in earshot "we need to fall back!"

_________________
I am the light that pours over the rusted world of pretend, before your eyes ease open and it's dark again.
Kyle
Kyle

Posts : 1024
Join date : 2008-06-04
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by ifer on Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:24 pm

The horde of monsters, having dispatched the trained soldiers, are now turning their attention towards the group by the fire. The figures blend into one another in the shadows; firelight illuminating a massive arm here, and a grotesque head there, but not enough to estimate the size of the approaching force.

Gathering together, you overwhelm the last orc with your superior numbers; finishing it off in time to hear an outcry from the direction of the enemy. You turn to see one of the wagons, drawn by a team of cart mules, being driven between you and the approaching army.

Hydri recognizes the frantically yelling driver as Rahgnel, daughter of Rosewood' Seargent-Major Odernn. She was not among the caravan when you left the village.
ifer
ifer
Admin

Posts : 685
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Canada

View user profile http://juandfr.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by SkittlesMeTimber on Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:20 am

"We have nowehere to go." Jaynus says, seeing they may be cornered. (I hold my action)

SkittlesMeTimber

Posts : 1009
Join date : 2008-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by Kyle on Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:05 am

Grasping the situation quickly Marcus begins running for the newly arrived cart. "Come on everyone!" He yells, "we may be able to use it to break through!" Even if they didn't succeed in breaking through and escaping the cart would give them a height advantage and some cover, and there was no way it could be worse than the situation they were in now.

_________________
I am the light that pours over the rusted world of pretend, before your eyes ease open and it's dark again.
Kyle
Kyle

Posts : 1024
Join date : 2008-06-04
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by molten.fire.&.ice on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:23 pm

I pull on the reins to get the donkeys to stop in between the crowd and those by the fire, then grab another arrow. Still yelling pretty much anything I can think of at the top of my lungs, I aim for the creature that's gotten the closest to the fire so far and let fly.

Hit: natural 20
Damage: 10

molten.fire.&.ice

Posts : 17
Join date : 2008-10-06

View user profile http://molten-fire-and-ice.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by ifer on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:45 pm

Everyone starts running towards the cart.

Jaynus: Examining your surroundings, you can think of several possible plans of action. You could barrel through the opposition in the wagon, hoping that the surprise of this action is enough that the enemy moves away from your approach; you could use the wagon as a cover and escape into the woods on either side, assuming that there are no enemy reinforcements hiding amidst the trees; you could try to position all of the wagons and carts to give you a good defensive position and hold your ground; or you could attempt to ford the river, which varies from ankle to waist high at this man-made crossing point, but gets much deeper if you move too far from the set path.

Rahgnel's arrow flies true, striking an oncoming goblin in the chest. It tugs futilely at the protruding shaft before falling over dead.
ifer
ifer
Admin

Posts : 685
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Canada

View user profile http://juandfr.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by Kyle on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:58 pm

"I say we make a break for it!" Calls Marcus to be heard over the sounds of battle, keeping his sickle at the ready in case any other creatures approach the wagon.

_________________
I am the light that pours over the rusted world of pretend, before your eyes ease open and it's dark again.
Kyle
Kyle

Posts : 1024
Join date : 2008-06-04
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by ifer on Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:17 am

In which direction?
ifer
ifer
Admin

Posts : 685
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Canada

View user profile http://juandfr.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by ifer on Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:43 pm

(the decision was made to cross the river on Saturday)

Running frantically, you reach the wagon just ahead of the onrushing horde. Gnarled hands pull at your feet as you scramble to board; Rahgnel shoots another arrow into the mass of bodies as a Whestley twins is torn off the back of the vehicle, while another farmer (Sophia; she was driving one of the wagons earlier, too) takes up the reigns and begins urging the mules forwards.

Your wagon makes a sharp right turn, barely scraping by the animal pen, and charges towards the river. You hold on for dear life as the cart plunges into the frothy water. Unable to see in the darkness, the mules struggle unsuccessfully to keep their footing on the slippery rocks of the river bed.

As you're washed downstream, Marcus is able to catch a last, fleeting glimpse of what remains of your campsite. Monsters line the river bank, light from the dying fire enhancing their grotesque features. The crowed parts for a gigantic creature, easily twice the size of any other present. Neither this hulk, nor the grotesque crowd are what draw your attention, however. No, it's the relatively innocuous figure to its left, clad in a dark cloak obscuring all but the glowing red eyes that causes your breath to stick in your throat.
Main Thread - Page 2 1110

...

The sun rises on your little band, some ways downriver of the previous night's battle, exhausted from a night of hauling the wagon onto shore. Over half its contents are gone; the remainder is mostly turnips, but all your stuff's still there too; and the cart itself is barely holding together. You've lost one of the mules, and the remaining one is favoring a leg. You managed to fish a couple of sheep and an ox out of the river; they'd probably fled the monsters the same way you had.

The Rosewood caravan has been reduced to 8 people, all sporting scrapes and bruises from both the fight and the struggle with the cart. The worst injuries seem to be Hydri's leg, Marcus' hand and Jaynus' shoulder, but the remaining Whestley brother seems to be suffering from an altogether different type of hurt.
ifer
ifer
Admin

Posts : 685
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Canada

View user profile http://juandfr.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by Kyle on Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Marcus sits on the wagon, miserably trying to bandage his injured hand with his bad one (rolled an 8 ). He looks around at the other sorry survivors and sighs.
"Well I don't think we'll be able to find anyone else. The best thing for us to do is probably to head for town as fast as we can and then warn everyone about what happened." He stands up and looks over the others, ensuring that no one else has serious injuries.

_________________
I am the light that pours over the rusted world of pretend, before your eyes ease open and it's dark again.
Kyle
Kyle

Posts : 1024
Join date : 2008-06-04
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by molten.fire.&.ice on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:48 am

Rahgnel pulls her hair into a knot and rings out the water, then plaits it back into a tight braid. She looks around wearily at the group and few animals, sighing slightly as she drops her arms back to her sides.
She considers their surroundings briefly: she tries to determine the sun's position and time from what she can see of the light coming in {Roll: 19}. From that [and vague knowledge that the river would be running..Westward?] where they might be now in respect to their last position, if they're on the same side of the river? {Roll: 13}.

Speaking softly, Rahgnel says "You mean go back to Rosewood? If we're on the other side of the river now, I would think that we would rather keep moving instead of retracing our steps and thus having a higher risk of re-encountering...what ever those were."


Last edited by molten.fire.&.ice on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:54 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Colouring text doesn't seem to be working. Sorry!)

molten.fire.&.ice

Posts : 17
Join date : 2008-10-06

View user profile http://molten-fire-and-ice.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by Kyle on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:04 am

"That's what I meant," Marcus says in reply, "besides, we don't want any of those things following us back home. The city should be better able to handle them."

_________________
I am the light that pours over the rusted world of pretend, before your eyes ease open and it's dark again.
Kyle
Kyle

Posts : 1024
Join date : 2008-06-04
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by ifer on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:37 pm

You bandage your hand (it hurts to touch anything, and one of your fingers is swollen). (11 + 1) The bites on Hydri's leg seem pretty deep, (19 +1) Jaynus's shoulder is dislocated, (9 + 1) and Carl doesn't seem to have any physical injuries.

You'd say it's about 10 AM. Most of you managed to grab a couple hours sleep. The river looks to be heading North-West at the moment, though it was definitely westward at the crossing. You'd guess that you've probably traveled somewhere between a few hours and two day's walking distance.
ifer
ifer
Admin

Posts : 685
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Canada

View user profile http://juandfr.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by ifer on Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Post plz.
ifer
ifer
Admin

Posts : 685
Join date : 2008-06-03
Age : 30
Location : Canada

View user profile http://juandfr.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Main Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Main Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum