Radioactive Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible New Armour Rules

2 posters

Go down

Possible New Armour Rules Empty Possible New Armour Rules

Post by Kyle Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:19 pm

I'll be frank, I don't really like the current D20 rules for armour and I figured since we're redoing certain parts of the system we may as well fix this too.

I was thinking more like the Palladium system, where armour takes damage first, then when it is destroyed damage continues into the wearer. It makes armor a more important part of the game but at the same time also prevents the whole "not only does the fighter have x hit points but I can't hit him either" syndrome.

I was also thinking, since I assume we will be working in power armour of various types, instead of them merely working like armour they give certain abilities, replacing or adding to the wearer's Dex, Str, Speed, etc. As well as offering new weapons, movement abilities, etc. I imagine that power armour will be a major part of the game, especially in the Commonwealth universe but I'm also thinking of adding it into Hunters to a small degree and I'm also envisioning organic power armour for the shifters.

This way I think we also won't have to be quite so constrained by worrying about damage amounts for weapons, as heavier weapons will be possible, and even necesarry, to defeat armour. It also makes one hit kills less likely.

What do you guys think? My general idea is every armour type has 5 hit points for every point of armour bonus it would ordinarily give. The only problem is we have to figure out what to do with natural armour bonuses...
Kyle
Kyle

Back to top Go down

Possible New Armour Rules Empty Re: Possible New Armour Rules

Post by ifer Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:46 am

Armour does, however, have some damage avoidance in real life. Metal armour can deflect many attacks that would decimate the soft flesh beneath.
ifer
ifer
Admin

http://juandfr.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:48 am

True, but other attacks go right through it with little or no resistance, hence why armor was mostly abandoned until relatively recently. Armour technology just couldn't keep pace with ballistic tehnology until the invention of kevlar, and even that's not completly bulletproof.
Kyle
Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by ifer Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:50 am

Idea: if the damage dealt is lower than a certain number or of a certain type, the damage is reduced or negated. If it's higher, half the damage hurts the user and half hurts the armour, or something to that effect.
ifer
ifer
Admin

http://juandfr.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:54 am

Maybe, I was thinking of an armor piercing weapon quality that would do something like that.

I'll have to check my books, as I think one of them has an "armor as damage reduction" section, I'll take a look and see how they handle it.
Kyle
Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down